Tuesday, March 17, 2015

It's been a while.

Hey everyone!

I know it's been a while, school has been taking up a lot of my time and I've been strict with spending money on car parts since I'm only working one day a week. Even though I have money set aside specifically for the Z and I could buy more, I feel like spending it all at once seems like an irresponsible decision to make. This also gives me more time for research for different parts/brands and mods that I would like to do. I still feel like I will be able to achieve my goal of running and driving by 2016! It would be very cool if I could have it running by the 1 year mark in May, though!

Anyways, since the last update, nothing much has gone on. I've bought new wheel studs for the front and rears and will need to buy tires soon so I can finally put on my wheels! Also, I recently bought a bought an NRG  2.0 quick release and Boss steering wheel adapter! I bought those because my brother gave me his old Momo steering wheel that was from his Civic Si! Hopefully it won't be super close to me in the driving position since with the adapter and quick release both add onto the distance from the steering rack (one of the complaints I've heard). Even though I'm considered short, the way I drive is kinda laid back anyway so it probably won't be too bad I imagine especially with my short arms,

Thanks bro!

The only thing I've done to the car was put the dash back into the car which was challenging with this heat that we had this week. It's a two person job imo and luckily I had my brother available to help in the morning. Overall, it wasn't too bad if you disconnect the wiring harness and turn signal/ windshield wiper lever to help speed things up so you're not working in a cramped space/upside down to reconnect everything lol. Lots of angles and wiggling but slipped into place pretty easy. The screws/bolts near the windshield are kinda difficult to reach but weren't not too bad to put back.


Kinda looks battle-scarred with the cracks semi-exposed, but
that adds a little character to my car, which I like. Sure, a perfect
dash would be more aesthetically pleasing, but my dash is one of 
a kind and I can accept it for it's flaws. Scars are cool anyways ;-)



Well, that's all for now. More car parts to come and be installed!


No comments:

Post a Comment