Sunday, September 21, 2014

Hello! Welcome to my blog!

For my first post, I think I should let you guys know more about myself and how I got into cars to now. As a kid, I would play around with HotWheels all the time, but I started to get into cars when I was around 9 or 10 like most kids when watching The Fast and the Furious too many times hahaha.

Although I liked cars, I never had that burning passion to go out to learn more about them. I made a Tumblr around 2012 and the main thing I would reblog were cars. My brother had always been into cars more than me and was one of the major influences with me being into cars in the first place. At the time he was really into drifting (which I thought was pretty cool too) and he would go to Irwinedale and Long Beach for Formula D. In 2013, my brother decided to bring me along to FDLB as a late birthday present. This event really changed how I looked at cars. As I watched the cars drifting in person with the tires screeching and smoke everywhere and walked through the car show across the way (meeting one of my Tumblr buddies as well), something clicked and I finally started to get that understanding/passion. 

Soon after that I became hooked on cars. I tried to soak in as much as I could. Although it seemed like a lot of people were into stance or form>function and that was the trend going on, I knew that wasn't really for me as I wanted something fun and function oriented. I got really into old Japanese cars, specifically old Datsun Z cars and I fell in love with the lines and knew I had to own one in the future. Learning what made the models different, carburetors, engine possibilities, etc.. I loved it all. 

Fast forward to April 2014, I bought my 1974 Datsun 260z on Ebay as a birthday present to myself. It wasn't running, a lot of parts in boxes with very few parts missing, in Nevada, paint not in the best condition, and had bad tires, but when I saw that ad, a part of me knew I had to get it. The good thing about the car is that it had only a little bit of rust from the pictures and seemed like it would be easy to patch. I saw the ad at night and decided to sleep on it and decide in the morning. Woke up, and felt good about it so I placed an offer and ended up with the car. 

Pics from the ad






Rust issue passenger foot well. 





One month and whole lot of stress about shipping  later, it was finally in my possession. 


I swear I couldn't stop smiling for the rest of that week. Well, I think that's enough for a first post, I think I'll do another one soon with some of the work I've done so far in the 4 months of owning it and future plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment