Saturday, September 27, 2014

Plans

Now that we're all caught up, I'll explain my current and future plans. For the last couple months, I've been planning on what I wanted to do with the engine. Whether it was swapping it out for a 1JZ, 1UZ, RB25 or keeping the L26 (it's not the original). I knew I wanted to keep the engine Japanese because that's just my preference. Not saying anything else is bad, it's just not the way I vision my car. That being said, I determined recently that I want to stay with the L26 that I already have.

I've been saving up for the last couple of months when I was trying to decide what to do motor wise and now the question is to rebuild, or not to rebuild the L26. Even if I were to rebuild, I would need to buy a few parts eventually anyway. I actually made a list and there are at least 40 parts that I need. I totaled the cost of the parts and it's about the amount that a rebuild will cost. So I think I will buy all the essential parts before the rebuild since I'm not entirely sure that it needs it yet since I've never heard it run without said parts.

In the end, if it needs to be rebuilt, I'll be in the same spot if I did the rebuild prior to getting the parts. Instead of waiting for the rebuild, I would be waiting for the parts. Basically what I'm saying is that it doesn't hurt to get the other parts first since it wouldn't be able to run without them anyway. Also, it may run great meaning I won't have to spend money on a rebuild and can focus on other things. If things work out then it will be running earlier than if I went the rebuild route. Prepare for car parts!

TLDR; Staying L26. Buying parts. Hopefully it runs well.

No comments:

Post a Comment