Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Busy busy busy...

School has been hectic lately and I haven't been able to work on the Z. Now that I'm free of group presentations and other speeches in my classes for a while, I finally bought some parts!


Not much, but this is just stuff I could find from the Z store and I'll probably buy more parts next week (after midterms!). This seems like I'm just rewarding myself for keeping up with school haha. Did well on that speech? Exhaust for you! Did well on that midterm? Carburetors for you! Joking aside, I really believe I can get this car running and hopefully driving by the end of the year if all goes well. In the meantime, I will continue doing thing to my car that are not too costly.



For example, every time I walked into the garage I would see my hood set aside with the clear coat peeling more and more each day. After looking up how to deal with it (like I said in a previous post, I'm learning along the way), it seems like high grit sandpaper would do the trick. I had plenty of 220 grit from working on the dash left over so I gave it a shot. I think it turned out great and looks a lot better even though it looks slightly scratched in person, I'm sure a higher grit would help. I could probably go over it more to get it pretty smooth but for testing it's fine for now. I was thinking if I should do the whole car since it's peeling.  FYI, this car isn't going to be a show car. I would likely get it plastidipped (maybe a dark green mix since I'm probably not going to paint the interior or engine bay) so think of this as "prepping" the surface and making sure the peeling clear won't ruin it. Thoughts?

Anyways, that pretty much it for the update. Get ready for more parts/updates soon!


1 comment:

  1. Andrew,
    I like your sandpaper idea! I'd do the whole car if it wouldn't take too much time.

    ReplyDelete