Friday, October 31, 2014

Quick update!

So just a quick update. In parts news,  the Mishimoto radiator hoses came in recently!  I've been meaning to buy some parts from the Z store (it's a secret! can you guess what?) but I've decided that next time I'll drive to Orange to pick up the parts instead of paying for shipping (~$70). Unfortunately they are only open on Saturdays for the weekend (while I'm at work) and I can probably only go on Tuesdays during the week haha.  I'll figure it out  a time to go soon hopefully. Or I'll pay my brother $20 to go pick it up for me haha.

 I've been having a hard time finding time to work on the car but I was able to sand down the clear coat a bit last on 10/21. I think it looks a lot better!

After sanding and before the wipe down


After the wipe down.


Some spots I got pretty low by accident. 220 grit is pretty rough
and I should probably be using 2000 grit if I wanted to keep most
of the original paint but I'm only sanding where it's peeling.


Lol can you see my gas tank?


Here's a before and after shot to give you an idea
of how much of a difference it looks. Even though
some spots look rough, I think it looks better
than having peeling clear coat everywhere. I basically
just want a smooth surface for PlastiDip or ElastiWrap
(which I'll probably go with since more color options). 


Unfortunately, I only had enough to do the passenger
side and half of the roof of the car on that Tuesday haha.
However, on 10/25 I was able to find some time to start
sanding the hatch and driver side (stills need work) and
the whole front still needs to be started so maybe I can do
that tomorrow hopefully! If I do I'll definitely update this post
either then or when I get my parts! Stay tuned!

UPDATE: Today (11/2) I sanded down the rest of the car (and my hands hate me for it!). I'll probably go back and redo the hood since I was testing on it and didn't sand it as smooth as I could. Here are the pics!


I also got this rust converter that should turn the rust on my car into a black sandable primer which is nice. I sprayed it on various rust spots both minor and major to prevent spreading as a temporary fix.

Battery tray and passenger footwell









No comments:

Post a Comment