Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Progress

Hello everyone!

So since receiving my car in May, I've done a few things for my car. However, before I could buy car parts, I had to buy my own set of tools since I didn't want to rely on my older brother to bring his tools home for me to use.


Unlike him, I can't afford Snap-On tools so I got a set of Husky tools which I think are great alternative and feel great in my hands. I also bought an engine stand and a cherry picker from Harbor Freight.





Pulled the engine and placed it on the engine stand. After looking at the engine, turns out it wasn't the original engine but was still a L26. At this point I was thinking about what I wanted for my car, if it was the L26 or something else.



One weekend I decided to to take out the dashboard to try to "fix" it haha. Used Great Stuff to fill in the cracks and then covered that with this bumper repair stuff which I sanded with 220 grit. Finally painted the dashboard with a SEM texture paint which could have came out better but oh well. 

Good enough haha.







Finally had some money saved up so I decided to buy a radiator since the one with the car was thrashed.

 One weekend I wanted to clean up the engine a bit. 40 years of gunk removed, mostly.Also, when it started to rain a bit, I decided it would also be a good idea to buy a car cover.


Overall, that's basically what I've done besides cleaning the inside up and taking off parts. I've been mostly saving up for either a rebuild or parts that I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment